Scituate Youth Lacrosse
Code of Conduct
Youth sports programs play an important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional development of children. It is therefore essential for players, parents, and spectators to embrace the values of good sportsmanship by demonstrating fairness, respect, commitment, and self-control.
As part of our commitment to this goal, Scituate Youth Lacrosse (SYL) requires all parents and players to review and adhere to this code of conduct. We encourage our parents and players to learn the rules of the game in order to support the creation of a safe and effective environment in which to learn the game of lacrosse.
Players. Parents, & Spectators are required to:
- Exhibit exemplary behavior, participation and sportsmanship at all games, practices, and SYL sponsored events
- Be respectful to all coaches, officials, players, and spectators at all times. This includes but is not limited to;
- Making disparaging remarks, using profane language/gestures, or engaging in any type verbal or physical threats or abuse
- Treat any coach, official, player, or spectator with respect regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation or ability
- Refrain from any behavior which would knowingly endanger the health, safety, or well-being of any coach, official, player, or spectator
- Parents are encouraged to support the SYL Mission, by emphasizing a fun, team first attitude over winning or individual statistics
- Spectators are required to watch from the opposite side of the field of the team bench
and to refrain from coaching their player or other team members from the sideline
- We do however encourage parents and spectators to actively and positively support good play
Should players, parents, or spectators fail to comply with this Code of Conduct while attending, or participating in an SYL event, they will be subject to disciplinary action at the sole discretion of the SYL Coaches and Board of Directors. This includes but is not limited to the following in any order or combination:
- Verbal warning
- Written warning
- Suspension or immediate ejection from a game/event
- Suspension from multiple games/events
- Season suspension or multiple season suspension
If you are involved in or witness an event which you feel requires the attention of SYL, please notify the Board President, Boys or Girls Level Director, or any member of the Scituate Youth Lacrosse Board of Directors as soon as possible.
I have read and willingly accept these rules and I agree to abide by this Code of Conduct